Wednesday, December 22, 2004

To stress or to CSS?

Cascading Style Sheets are very useful to build a website, they allow you to make great presentations as shown on zengarden . But before you go into CSS, be sure you have it all clear with the code.

Because these style sheets are used inside the html code, they have their specific language. I discovered CSS only this year in my web-building class. And I have two website to build within a month for my master. " Easy!!" one would think. But not for me.

So like any student mastering in web content and project management I browsed the Network to find some tutorials . That's how I discovered this interesting website called Glish where they explain things from the beginning, and walk you step by step into building your own style sheets. Another one, in French this time looked easier. Then went on learning and trying to build my own CSS. Little by little , I began to understand and manage trough the whole thing.

But then again as I went on looking for new websites that talked about CSS, I understood I was way behind from what they now build CSS2 ! Now tell me how am I suppose to keep up with evolution? Well , went on looking for new tutorials...

Thanks to tutorials on the web I have come to learn , and still do, lot's of things and understand. Many points I was taught in my different classes seemed like secret codes more than anything clear. So I really want to thank all those people out there stretching their fingers day and night just to share their knowledge to beginners like me.
You find such well made tutorials about almost anything on the Internet, I sometimes ask myself why Mastering? Why not learn at home. I could learn more in less time...

No comments: