Sunday, August 06, 2023

Can Artificial Intelligence replace the Web Content profession

Some may think yes, Chat GPT and Jasper produce intelligent content with an amazing accuracy of results.

But I say no. Writing is an art, not a functionality that can be implemented by A.I. When I write, I take the time to reflet, seek inspiration and discuss my topic with other people, just to have enough energy to give to my words. Now we all know the power of words and how putting them one to another in a different way can change their meanings. Writing reflects how you fee, it reflects emotions and a behind a will to make the reader reflect, act or think differently. 

What the trends shows in most website is that the content is often oriented towards marketing and the aim to make the reader act. For that, you nee to gather information about what the person does, likes etc.. which robot are very good at as the websites we visit track our activities with cookies and other tools. Then the gathered information are used to sell ,influence and so forth. So as a marketing tool. I would say the AI can do the job in helping marketers to quickly draft a copy to publish on a company's website for advertisement, sales etc..

But when it comes to writing about a topic, there is no fear the Web Content profession will vanish one day, because the human brain goes beyond gathering information to produce a content. 

What we humans do with our brains is more powerful and reflect the complexity of our Human Intelligence. Depending on our mood, our goal and our environment, we can write an article about something but with a different perspective. If you are a regular reader of the Reader's Digest you know what I talk about. If you have the love for words, and know how to appreciate a good book, a consistent research, you definitely are in the same mindset as I am. AI can only gather information that can help us have a start of inspiration that will lead us to write inspiring papers.

When you want to share an idea, it takes words to draw the picture, and this is where a writer is different than a robot. Robot can draw a picture from a word but not draw a picture or feeling from an idea.

I love writing, and I love research and new technologies, these two elements led me to study Web Content Editing 20 years ago.. and I am still here! So will I be writing in 20 years from now if I am still form this world. There is a lot to share through writing, and as long as humans have a brain, reflection and writing will still exist.

No comments: